Kohl’s is a household name and one of America’s most popular department stores. The Ottawa Distribution Center is located at 4300 Mbl Dr, Ottawa, IL 61350. The first Kohl’s grocery store opened in Milwaukee Wisconsin (owned & operated by Maxwell Kohl) in 1927. Their first department store opened in 1962. The company went public in 1992.
That’s an extremely condensed version of their history. The company is still headquartered in Wisconsin – which puts them just a few hours from our office. This logo was drafted for the Ottawa Distribution Center, and it’s extremely inspiring to have played a part in the history of the machine that has grown to a Fortune 500 company and the second largest U.S. department store chain based on retail sales (as reported in 2013).